By Simon Hillby, Associated PressAn American medical tourist has been taken to a remote Indian town for treatment after she was bitten by a venomous snake.
Kathryn P. Coughlin, 37, of Philadelphia, was admitted to the state’s intensive care unit Tuesday after the snake bit her in the neck and left her with lacerations and a black spot on her left cheek.
She was treated at a hospital in Kathmandu and released.
The hospital said she has no signs of infection, and no life-threatening injuries.
The state medical board also said the bite appeared to be venomous.
The state Medical Board says it will consider a request from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to take the case to the U!